Guess What! I got nominated to win a cool award this week!
Wow, wow! What an amazing honour, I got chosen to receive a Liebster Award. I found out from Liz over at Brain Brake that she had chosen me to receive a Liebster Award. Please take some time to pop over to her beautiful blog and follow her journey with MS, while being an incredible mom, wife and full-time student! Liz, thanks so much for this nomination! For those of you who don’t know what the Liebster Award is, let me explain.
The Liebster Award is a virtual award that’s found only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The word ‘Liebster’ means kindness, dearest, sweetest and beloved in German. This award was created for bloggers to promote and recognize and each other’s blogs and blogging efforts. The Liebster Award help bloggers with spreading the word about their fellow bloggers blogs, especially new blogs that are trying to set up their online presence.
Let’s get started with the question and answer section:
Get to know me through the Liebster Award!
11 Facts About Myself:
1. I believe meditation is the gateway to connecting with the Divine
2. I went silent for an entire month. No communication with anyone. I unplugged everything except my fridge and shut of my phone for the entire month. Best experiance ever!
3. I absolutely love a good, down-home belly laugh.
4. It took me two years to read Great Expectations! Honestly, it wasn’t my fault; they wrote it in the smallest print ever! This text was just not created for the modern-day, smart phone, tablet-user, like me. Oh, and there was also that old-fashioned English that nearly had me pulling out my hair, strand by strand! Seriously though, I never thought I would finish reading it in this lifetime, but thankfully, a friend took pity on me and gave me a larger print version. Man, oh man, I finished that baby in no time once I could read the words!
5. I’m totally obsessed with chocolate! If I could grow my own chocolate tree, I seriously would. Better yet, I would have an IV inserted into my left arm to pump the chocolate goodness into my veins, 365 days of the year.
6. In my not-so-distant past, I was a full-time champion for the marginalized and disadvantaged. I worked in the not-for-profit sector as a marketing maven and a business development manager.
7. I was a severely abused as a child by my mother and step-father, which prompted me to move out of my childhood family home at age 16. I’ve never looked back since then.
8. I love to read! Sometimes, I spend my free time engulfed in self-help, spirituality, and business books and magazines because I believe “leaders are indeed readers”. On some occasions, I really enjoy sitting with a hot cup of tea and indulging in a good guilty pleasure book; some of my favourite genres are inspirational, romantic comedy, fiction, or even fantasy texts.
9. I was once an actor in a short segment created by MTV Canada for Puma Canada in the early 2000s. It’s the funniest thing to watch now!. I wish I could show you, but it’s still on a VHS tape – remember those?
10. I didn’t finish High School (I’ll pause for your gasp ), but I went back to college when I was 28 years old after a heart-crushing breakup. I got my diploma with honours in Business, and was then so motivated and inspired by my achievements that I went on to get my Degree in Business. By then I was 31! I’m living proof that if you know what it is that you want, you must simply work hard and the Divine will make a way to help you achieve it. You can have, be, and do anything you want!
11. One time in band camp… Hah, well it wasn’t in band camp, but one time in Miami, I was blessed to have the opportunity to sing a song with Jamie Fox, while he played the piano in the lobby of his hotel. I know, cool right!?!
Questions From Liz:
1. What made you begin blogging? I began blogging probably 8 or 9 years ago to get over my fear of being judged because I had trouble with my spelling after enduring years of physical abuse.
2. Do you have any pets?
I do, I have a little bichon poo named Dougy.
3. What is your favourite getaway spot in your home?
My meditation corner in my bedroom.
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received?
One of the best advice I’ve ever received was from Marie Forleo, “Everything is figureoutable!” ?
5. Do you prefer to be indoors or outdoors?
I like a bit of both. In the winter time it’s a struggle to get me outdoors unless i’m bundled up tight, but in the summertime I can live outside.
6. What is at the top of your bucket list?
To visit and live in india for 6 months to a year. Then to visit all the countries within Africa that i have on my list before I die.
7. What is something that makes you smile?
Seeing someone else smile.
8. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Deciding to take the leap down the rabbit hole to become an entrepreneur.
9. Do you get your nails done at a salon or do them yourself?
I haven’t had my nails done in about two months but I normally get them done at a salon.
10. What is your ultimate goal for your blog?
My ultimate goal is, through the materials and information I provide, I want to positively touch as many lives as I can. I want to inspire them to change for the better, so they can start to heal and live a healthy, wealthy and happy life from their insides out.
11. Have you ever been in love?
I’m in love right now.
1. Sarah from Curly Chronicles: Sarah is a beautiful and a fireball of energy and love. Follow her blog to go with her on her travels around the world and to pick up some awesome fashion tips.
2. Shantel from Simply Shantel: Is a darling soul. She is as beautiful on the inside as much as she is beautiful on the outside. Visit her beautiful blog to follow her style, beauty and travel post and giveaways.
5. Jacqueline from Every Body Yoga: Learn yoga and tools to enhance your life from her site.
6. Pepper Brooks, from The Purrr: Pepper is an amazing freelance writer, journalist, entrepreneur and human service counsellor. Through her unique voice you are able to see the world through her eyes. Plus she’s a amazing web and graphic designer. Visit her blog for inspiration.
The Official Rules of the Liebster Award
Questions for my nominees & website Visitors
1. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
2. What do you do to stay motivated and positive?
3. List two people who have been a big inspiration and a positive influence in your life and why.
4. Given the choice of anyone in the world (alive) whom would you want as a dinner guest and why?
5. Give four tips for other bloggers or potential blog starting up their first blog:
6. Which country is your favourite country to visit and why?
7. Why did you start your blog?
8. What is your favourite app?
9. What is the next BIG thing for you?
10. When you have a writer’s block what do you do to work it out?
11. Do you meditate routine?
List what it is? If you were nominated for The Liebster Award and you choose to ACCEPT it, write a blog post about the Liebster Award and within it you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you ( that would be me, Kerry-Ann Ingram ? ), and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. You can save the image to your computer and then upload it to your blog post.
3. Answer the 11 questions about yourself, that was provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Create and provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 500 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you’ve nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award. Then provide them with a link to your blog post so they can learn about the Liebster Award (this might be the first time they’re ever heard of it!)
***Please remember when you share the link to your article on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram to tag you nominator again so they can read your Liebster Award blog***
9. Don’t forget to create 11 questions for them to answer. Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so that they’ll know what to do. Once you’re done, come back here and comment with the link to your post so I can check out your answers. If you weren’t nominated for the Liebster Award, but want to answer the above questions — please do! I would be honoured to read your answers. Just leave your comment in the comment section below.
The Official Rules of the Liebster Award
How to Find Bloggers to Nominate
There are several different things you can do to locate bloggers to nominate for the Liebster Award:
1. Nominate blogs that you follow.
2. Go through all the comments on your previous blog posts and click on the avatar’s photo of each blogger that left you a comment. You can pick your nominees from there.
3. Try doing a search for blogs on Google, or on Networked blogs.
4. Pick bloggers from one or from a few of your blog communities from your Facebook groups.
5. Go into bloglovin’ and look for bloggers with less than 500 followers. Visit their page and see if they align with you. If they do, send them the nomination. Once again, thank you Liz from Brain Brake for nominating me. This award is pretty awesome. I’m pretty stocked, honoured and humbled that you found value and had some faith in my humble blog beginnings.
Follow Me On Instagram
LOVE THIS POST? YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE…